Chief Investment Officer
Stronghold Global is a dynamic international company with a global presence, including offices in Africa, the UK, and ongoing expansion into the UAE. Our core activities revolve around three main business lines consisting of financial services, project development and investment holding with an established Investment Banking division in both the UK and Abu Dhabi.
Our main mission is to drive the development, financing, and successful execution of significant projects in emerging and developed markets. Stronghold specializes in the origination and execution of impactful projects, spanning infrastructure, real estate, manufacturing, and natural resources.
At the heart of our approach are strong commitments to environmental and social responsibility, making us a responsible and forward-thinking organization.
The Chief Investment Officer plays a critical role in the development and execution of investment strategies and policies for the organization. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the Investment Holding Company, the CIO leads the investment teams, oversees the investment process and contributes to the overall business strategy. The role involves remote work with the flexibility to report to various group offices as and when required.
- Develop, refine and execute comprehensive investment strategies aligned with the organization’s objectives and risk tolerance.
- Formulate and maintain investment policies to guide decision making and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with senior management to contribute insights and recommendations to the business strategy based on market trends, economic analysis and investment opportunities.
- Act a board Director for the investment holding company and handle the day to day requirements as delegated by the board of directors.
- Lead and develop the investment team, fostering a collaborative and high performing work environment.
- Supervise and oversee the end-to-end investment process, from research and analysis to execution and monitoring.
- Promote the investment holding company’s investment strategies, securities and/or investment opportunities.
- Act as a global ambassador for the groups investment and financial services.
- Establish and maintain rigorous investment processes to ensure accurate implementation of investment policies.
- Make informed decisions on asset allocation, diversification and investment selection to optimize portfolio performance.
- Utilize in depth market research and risk analysis to drive investment decisions.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to safeguard the organizations investments against market volatility and unforeseen events.
- Manage the Company’s Profit and Loss (P&L) statement, ensuring profitability and financial sustainability.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Proven track record of successful investment management, preferably in a leadership role.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in risk management and portfolio optimization
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements related to investment management.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to contribute to overall business strategy.
- Proficiency in using financial software and tools for analysis and reporting.
You may be the sort of person who
- Has excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking
- a natural and motivating leader who can provide guidance, mentorship and coaching to team members, enabling their professional growth.
- has an ability to cope with ambiguity and change